What is the Thermadry?
The Thermadry is a unique heated rotary bonnet carpet cleaning system – with faster cleaning, exceptionally fast drying times and ultra quiet operation.
In one quick and easy application, the Thermadry system cleans, disinfects, deodorises and protects the carpet.
Priced extremely competitively, and with major advantages over other similar machines on the market, the Thermadry looks set to become the new standard in heated rotary carpet cleaning.
The Thermadry can also be used as a standard rotary machine for bonnet buffing, hard floor scrubbing and polishing – it’s a very versatile bit of kit. And you can adjust the weight of the machine depending on the type of carpet or job in hand.
Cleaning with Thermadry is fast – faster than Hot Water Extraction cleaning in many circumstances. And it’s much quieter too – great for cleaning nursing homes and public area carpets where machine noise can be prohibitive.
The manufacturers claim the Thermadry system cleans as well as the traditional hot water extraction method of carpet cleaning. But in many cases (particularly low profile carpets), it can actually produce better results.
The Thermadry rotary machine is compact, lightweight, very quiet and has stair climbing wheels for ease of use. It’s set up and ready to go in just a few minutes. And there’s non of the endless filling and emptying you can get with Hot Water Extraction Cleaning.
Dry in 30 minutes!
Quick drying gives you a big selling point over wet cleaners, reduces the risks associated with over-wetting, and means the carpet is ready to use very quickly and with minimum inconvenience to the customer.
The benefits of Thermadry
- Carpets dry in under 30 minutes
- Results comparible to Hot water extraction cleaning
- Often better than hot water extraction on low profile carpets
- Cleans, disinfects, deodorises and protects in one process
- Extremely quiet operation – clean nursing home, hotel and other public area carpets without all the noise
- Faster than hot water extraction cleaning
- Minimum set-up time
- Can also be used as a standard rotary machine
- Suitable for all wet-cleanable carpets (not horse hair carpet tiles)
- No pumps or vacuum motors to break down
- Adjust the weight of the machine according to the carpet type
- Folds up for easy storage and transportation
- Carpets are completely dry within a maximum of 30 minutes after cleaning
The Thermadry is very cheap to run too. Chemical costs average out at just 2 pence per square metre! And because there are no vacuum motors or pumps to break down, running costs and downtime are negligable.
The Thermadry is packed with features you won’t find on any other machine.
How does Thermadry compare to competitor’s
heated bonnet cleaning machines?
- Temperature is more adjustable (20-120 degrees C)
- Temperature is more constant
- Adjust the machine weight depending on the job
- Manufacturer’s chemicals are cheaper
- Manufacturers happy for you to use any bonnet cleaning agents you like
- Manufacturers happy for you to use any bonnets you like
- Can be used as a standard rotary
- Comes with aluminium plate, standard drive plate and rotary shampoo brush as standard
- Easier to manouvre (stair climbing wheels)
- Folds up for easy storage
- Pad grippers are easier to replace (bolted not rivetted)
- Top mounted safety switch is easier to access
- How to clean with Thermadry
First thoroughly vacuum the area to be cleaned using a proefssional standard vacuum cleaner such as the Sebo BS36.
The carpet area is then pre-sprayed with a product called ‘Catalyst’. For best results the pre-spray should be agitated using a shampoo brush, pad, pile brush, or contra-rotating brush machine (see dry carpet cleaning machines section).
The Thermadry is then used with a thin bonnet soaked in the ‘Catalyst’ product. As the machine heats the pad it draws all the remaining dirt out of the carpet and into the pad (one bonnet pad cleans around 25 square metres).
The pad process is then repeated using a clean pad soaked again in ‘Catalyst’ until the area to be cleaned has been covered.
Bonnet pads can be re-used many times by simply washing after use.
Although the manufacturers recommend ‘Catalyst’, you are free to use any suitable product you like – it will not affect the machine warranty.